In 2014 digital is at the heart of everything for brand marketers and their campaigns, from email and social to e-commerce. This digital marketing age, clearly, underscores the importance of omnichannel messaging in a time when consumers expect marketers to be always on.
Of course, marketers can meet and then exceed those expectations with the right digital know-how. Here are 15 trends, tips, and stats that every modern marketer should know to create seamless, successful marketing campaigns in the digital age.
- Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines.
- Emails with no subject line were opened 8% more than those with a subject line. The reason: An email without a subject line shows more email preview text.
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is the number one influencer of their purchases.
- 70% of marketers used Facebook to gain new customers.
- 5.77% of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if its CEO uses social media.
- Yet, 36% of executives say their CEO either “does not care,” or “cares little” about the company’s reputation on social media.
- The average buyer consults 11 consumer reviews on their path to purchase.
78% of CMOs think that custom content is the future of marketing.
- 42% of U.S. consumers site familiarity with the sender’s name as the main influence on deciding whether to open a promotional email on their mobile device.
- 10.70% of brands now have a presence on Google+, up from just 4% in the last quarter of 2012.
- 10 71% of marketers say they plan to have Big Data solutions in place in the next two years.
- 86% of companies are comfortable marketing with social tools, but only 41% use social tools for communicating with customers.
- 13.Americans spend 4X more time on mobile devices compared to newspapers and magazines.
- The leading platforms for U.S. smartphone use are Android (53%) and iPhone (40%). Blackberry now accounts for just 3% of the market.
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 86%.